Registration Services

We Offer the Following Arizona Registration & Renewal Services:

  • Initial Vehicle Registration
  • Vehicle Registration Renewal
  • Motorcycle Registration
  • Duplicate Registration
  • Replacement Tab & Plate
  • Replacement Tab
  • Trailers – Non Commercial
  • Trailers – Commercial
  • Off Highway Vehicles


I just purchased a vehicle, how do I obtain a title in my name?

You will need the title and your driver license or ID, along with a passed emissions test if applicable. There could be additional paperwork that is needed. It is best to call or swing by to see how we can help.

What do I need in order to renew my vehicle’s registration?

As the registered owner, you will just need your driver license or ID. If the vehicle is not registered in your name, you will need to bring in the renewal notice or have the same last name and address as the current registered owner.

My Arizona license plate was either lost or stolen. Can I get a new one?

Yes. You can get a new temporary license plate at one of our locations. Metal plate will be mailed out to your address on file!

Will I receive my Registration & Tag onsite when I renew my vehicle registration?

No, you will receive a temporary registration to carry in your vehicle and originals will be mailed out via regular mail!

I am temporarily out of state and require a vehicle emissions test. What do I do?

Visit the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality ( website or call 602.771.3950 (Phoenix) or 520.628.5651 (Tucson).

If I move from Arizona and am no longer a resident, can I get a refund for the remaining months on my registration?

If you move from Arizona and register your vehicle somewhere else, you are not eligible for a refund.

How do I get a replacement license plate?

This may be completed at one of our Motor Vehicle Offices. One form of identification is required, and you must have the license plate and/or (VIN) vehicle identification number. A fee will apply (plus postage and handling if applicable) and the replacement will be sent by mail.

How can I get a replacement (duplicate) registration/tab?

You may apply for a duplicate vehicle registration at one of our Motor Vehicle Offices. One form of identification is required and you must have the license plate and/or (VIN) vehicle identification number. A fee will apply (plus postage and handling if applicable) and the replacement will be sent by mail. If your registration has been lost or stolen and you have reason to believe someone else is using it, the incident should be reported to your local police department.

My vehicle has not been used, and the registration has expired. How do I re-register?

If last registered within five years, provide the license plate and/or vehicle identification number at one of our Motor Vehicle Offices. In most cases, a Registration Penalty Fee Waiver Request ( can be completed to waive the penalties if the vehicle has not been operated on any public roadway in Arizona. If your vehicle has not been registered within the last five years, additional procedures may be required. Contact us to discuss any additional requirements.

How do I obtain a trip permit?

If you bought the vehicle from a licensed dealer, the dealer will give you a Temporary Registration Plate that allows you to operate the vehicle for any purpose. If you purchased the vehicle from a private sale, you may obtain a Restricted Use 3-Day Permit which is valid only for the purposes of vehicle inspection, emission testing, repairs needed to comply with inspection or emission rules, or to otherwise complete the registration process. To operate the vehicle for any other purpose, you must first complete the registration process. No more than three Restricted Use 3-Day Permits can be issued to any vehicle in a 12 month period.

Why did I receive a registration cancellation notice?

This could be the result of money due to MVD, no insurance on file, or other issues. It is important that you verify that the vehicle identification number (VIN) on your vehicle matches the VIN identified on your registration and insurance documents. If the VIN on your insurance document does not match, ask your insurance company to resubmit the information using the correct VIN. Please visit one of our Motor Vehicle Offices for more information specific to your record.

What is a 30-Day General Use permit?

A 30-Day General Use Registration is issued when you do not qualify for a permanent registration or other types of temporary permits. Only one 30-Day permit is allowed per vehicle within any 12-month period.

I am not an Arizona resident, but I bought a car from an Arizona dealer. Is there a permit I can purchase to drive this unregistered vehicle to my home state?

You can purchase a 90-Day Nonresident Registration at one of our Motor Vehicle Offices. You will be required to show your out-of-state identification and the dealer invoice or assigned title.

How do I register my boat?

Watercraft registration is the responsibility of the Arizona Game and Fish Department ( Please check their website for forms and information on watercraft registration; boating rules and regulations, boating education and more.

MVS Services Available

  • 5036 W Cactus Rd in Glendale
  • 940 N Alma School Rd in Chandler
  • 4385 W Bell Rd in Glendale
  • 1501 N. 16th St in Phoenix
  • 11249 W Buckeye Rd. in Avondale
  • 833 N. Cooper Rd. In Gilbert
  • Anthem Way & Galvin Peak Pkwy in Anthem (COMING SOON)