How to Get a Travel ID in Anthem
Traveling this year might look a little different, and that is not just due to Covid-19. In Arizona, you will soon be required to have a Travel ID in order to fly or enter a federal. If you live in Anthem, you might be wondering how you can get a Travel ID. That and more is coming right up.
First off, what exactly is a Travel ID? The Travel ID stems from the REAL ID Act that was passed by the U.S. Congress in 2005. The goal of this particular act was aimed at tightening identification that people use to travel with. America has never been the same after 9/11 and it was apparent then that stricter guidelines needed to be set. Currently, the Arizona driver’s licenses are not compliant with the REAL ID Act and therefore need to be updated for the safety and security of all U.S. citizens.
Here are some questions you might be asking now a Travel ID in Anthem:
1. How Do I Know if My ID is a Travel ID?
It is possible you may already have a Travel ID in Anthem. Take a look at your current ID. Does it have a gold star in the upper right-hand corner? If so, then you have a Travel ID and you are all set.
If your ID does not have a gold star on it, then it is not a Travel ID.
2. How Do I Get a Travel ID in Anthem?
The good news is that getting your Travel ID in Anthem is super easy. First off, you do not have to make an appointment at the MVD. Instead, you can stop by 1 Stop Title Loans at your convenience and even on the weekends. With extended hours and friendly service, it is a win-win situation.
To start the process, you must first begin an online application. Once that form has been completed, you must take documentation to 1 Stop Title Loans in Anthem. You will need the following to ensure you will receive a Travel ID:
1 of the following proof of identity:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Current US Passport or Passport Card
AND 1 of the following proof of social security:
- Social Security Card
- W-2 form
- 1099 Form
- Paycheck stub
AND 2 other documents proving Arizona residency
- Utility bills
- Bank/credit card settlement
- Insurance policy
- Current Arizona license or registration with current address, etc.
3. What is the Deadline to Get a Travel ID?
The original deadline for obtaining a Travel ID was October 1st, 2020. However, when the pandemic of Covid-19 hit, lots of things changed. Many people were left with little to not options in obtaining a Travel ID. Therefore, the United States government extended the deadline to October 1st, 2021.
4. Do I Need a Travel ID in Anthem if I Do Not Plan to Travel?
You do not need a Travel ID for everyday driving and identification. However, you may never know when you will need to enter a federal building or hop on a plane. It is best to prepared now and have it on hand.
5. Can I Use Other Forms of Identification to Travel With?
Yes. You can still use other forms of identification to travel with if you do not secure a Travel ID. These other forms include:
- A passport
- U.S. Department of Defense ID
- Border crossing card
- DHS trusted traveler card
- Permanent resident card
- For a complete list of appropriate travel identification, visit tsa.gov.
6. Are Other Services Offered at 1 Stop Title Loans in Anthem?
Yes! There are many things you can have accomplished at 3rd party MVD providers like 1 Stop Title Loans in Anthem. Here are few services you can receive:
- Driver’s License: you can renew your license
- ID and Duplicate Cards: you can get an ID or a duplicate card
- Driving Test: take your driving test with no appointment needed
- Registration Services: have your car’s registration renewed and grab tags for your vehicles, trailers, atvs and motorcycles
- Temporary Permit: get a 3, 30 or 90 day temporary permit
- Title Service: get a duplicate title, transfer a title and have it notarized
- Fleet Services: you can open a fleet with 2 or more vehicles and have your fleet registration taken care of
If you have any plans to travel by plane or enter a federal building, then you need to get a new Travel ID in Anthem. There is no reason to wait until the last minute. October may seem far away, but the deadline will creep up on you. You never know when you might take your next vacation or have a family emergency. Don’t get stuck, get your Travel ID in Anthem right now. Search for MVD near me and you’ll find 1 Stop Motor Vehicle Services!
Comments are closed.